I love to learn, some of my favorite years in life were those I spent in college. There, I was constantly increasing my knowledge at a rapid rate. Since graduating, my work for the last 7 years at an Oil and Gas company and as an independent consultant has served to further my passion for learning and I seek out every opportunity to do so. Most recently I have enjoyed taking a deep dive into ReactJS in both websites as well as mobile apps.
Working in a full-stack environment is ideal for me as I enjoy making things look nice, but also functional. Usually I prefer a pragmatic approach to solving problems and sometimes the simplest solution to a problem is the right one. As indicated by my experience below, I have had many opportunities to support existing apps, implement new features, and build new apps. My friendliness and easy-going attitude makes me easy to get along with and an excellent team member.
My role here is to assist the support team with maintaining the existing software suite and to build additional tools that allow the support team to better correct bugs and customer issues. My primary focus in this role has been improving system performance and building reporting tools to actively monitor system performance.
- Significantly increased performance for many API requests.
- Created an IdentityServer instance to manage credentials and roles in a central location.
- Discovered and corrected a bug that was blocking all web requests threads.
- Designed a framework to run load tests on an API call to test performance.
- Implemented PowerBI reports for easy system performance visibility.
- Identity Server
I am a jack-of-all trades, taking on many different projects including hobbyist initiatives. Considered to be a full-stack developer, I work with my clients on interesting and educational projects.
- Implemented a custom registration system for a large scale event.
- Developed a Bed and Breakfast website with an integrated booking system.
- Collaborated remotely with a client to implement continuous integration.
- Worked with a local business owner to develop a WordPress plugin, which converted a form to a PDF that was emailed with a generated invoice to a customer. The plugin also had a price management system that allowed easy scalability to additional locations
- .Net Core Web API
- Octopus Deploy
I wore many hats in my role here from gathering requirements from internal business clients to building web applications. For many custom applications, our customers relied on me to correct bugs and provide support. Being a part of the requirements gathering process, I was a key member in ensuring that our clients' needs were met. On the technical side, my expertise was well used architecting and building a variety of software solutions. In addition, as a PowerShell evangelist, my coworkers regarded me as the go-to contact for anything PowerShell related.
- Key member in developing an application that calculated the cost for abandoning and reclaiming oil wells.
- Architected and developed a framework within a user-facing workflow engine to integrate with external systems.
- Implemented a DropBox-like system to allow internal Engineers to more quickly analyze and compare well production data.
- Created a Web API to allow centralized access to common data.
- Worked with a team of developers to upgrade a system that was over 10 years old while preserving existing data and business logic.
- Designed and developed a Web Application to assist with managing and monitoring our Messaging architecture in production.
- Architected and implemented a one-package build and one-click deployment system for all environments and applciations.
- Automated repetitive tasks using PowerShell, saving over 20 hours per week on a 5 person team.
- ASP.net MVC
- ASP.net WebApi
- Octopus Deploy
Diploma, Information Technology - Software DevelopmentSouthern Alberta Institute of Technology2009 - 2011
- English (Native)
- Board Games
- Frisbee Golf
- Reading Sci-Fi/Fantasy